Cultivating Chaos with Madam Calamity & Low

Thanks for the comment! If there was a difference between the 2 sides it wasn’t enough for us to be like “we can’t go without it.” I do believe there are some benefits, but overall I’d be ok with saving some juice.

13 Likes

Right. I have no UV in any of my lights. The last light I built has a small amount of 400nm violet chips. There was $0 cost to get them into the mix so I thought I would give it a go. I feel like this light grows the same as having a little more representation of blue wavelengths than most of used in the past. Not really good or bad, just a little different.

13 Likes

Those are some thick flowers
I’d be happy with those numbers ,I had to crack a window to get any cool air in and even that was a battle
I have no dedicated room to dry this tent in and I’m coming up in it in a couple weeks maybe sooner for a few of them
So I think my temps are going to be around the same
Paying close attention to the drying efforts here lol

8 Likes

@MadamCalamity
Is that RH natural or do yall have a humidifier?
Im in the market for one and dont know what to buy

7 Likes

@dbrn32 thanks for sharing your experiences. I was kinda thinking the uv had an impact on stretch. The “short” side of the table had the uv and actually grew taller than the “tall” side. We organized them in veg short/tall.

@Lacewing it usually goes ok. Our last place had a nice cold storage room. With the carbon scrubber in the room it was pretty effective. But the temps/humidity was closer to 60/60. The current temp and humidity makes me think they will be dry in 8-10 days but we will see. Hoping to keep temp down, which of course the dehumidifier is counter productive in that department.

@FUKAZ28 we actually have a veg tent in the same room which is contributing to the humidity. We are using a dehumidifier to keep rh around 60. The air filter, carbon filter, and air from the dehumidifier we are using are also providing our circulation. I’m not a big fan of humidifiers because in general I hate humidity. If I were shopping for one I’d look for smart features that automatically adjust to the rh. I’ve seen members running a/c infinity ones. Now depending on how I’d be using it I’d prefer one that just has an on off switch with no lights. I’d plug this into a controller like

I think going this route is a better option because the sensor can be placed around the canopy area vs being built in. However finding a humidifier off the shelf that’ll work with this isn’t always easy. Need one that will turn on when the power is turned on. But the controllers like this have the option to operate both a humidifier and dehumidifier. Setting the parameters for each can be a little bit of a curve, because until you get them dialed in the machines will quite literally be fighting each other.

14 Likes

Thanks brother @low
Ill look into this.

10 Likes

Hope you find a viable solution. Personally when I need more humidity I’ll reduce the exhaust speeds, or perhaps leave some run off behind. Reduce light intensity and lower them, to try and maintain intensity. This reduces heat, which helps with humidity. On a rare occasion I’ll use fabric in container filled with water, fabric hanging halfway out and a small fan blowing over it. Seems to help some. Depends how desperate things get.

For a while I was using one of these, small enough to fit in almost any tent and actually does really well. I’ve even used it in a room when drying in really low temps.

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Enrichment-MistAire-Travel-Ultrasonic/dp/B07HCTYFLV/ref=asc_df_B07HCTYFLV&mcid=647520bb685f363b8ee1f7d17cb36db2?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80127027725595&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=m&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583726554032030&psc=1

This in conjunction with a controller did me well when I wanted to use it. Cons obviously capacity but I used one of the over sized water bottles.

12 Likes

what humidity level, temp, and light intensity is normally used by you two for freshly cut clones?

9 Likes

Just a fyi if you use a propagator like i mentioned in your thread the temp,ppfd and rh i told you are correct if you use a cloner like @MadamCalamity @Low and I myself use you want the same temps 75-78° but you dont use a dome with the aero cloners but personally i try to keep the rh in the tent around 60-70% and same ppfd for the light

9 Likes

We kind of just play the numbers game. Put a bunch in the cloner, keep the water clean, and take the healthiest. No domes, no temps, just send. Lol.

13 Likes

Oh wireless i like the ones i have right now, my exhaust and heaters run on them

11 Likes

Autos are interesting because they are already in the end mode, ive clone some just because i clip everything this is one

Still in veg cycle. Might fill in a little but ill leave her be.

14 Likes

Thank you for this
I was curious because I’ve read in the past if you can get one to reveg it may lose the rudiral trait
I’m so gullible and belive things easily then I have to try for myself and I had them so that’s why I’m trying
I’m about to clean the water and see if any roots have started
If so when would you remove from water and plant ?

10 Likes

Good morning everyone! :sunny:

Been spending my morning getting these pots ready. Last night I chose our final contenders and sprayed the room with fungicide. :sunglasses:
Hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday!

18 Likes

Can’t wait to hear your decisions
And that’s what I’m doing
Coffee and Dutch passion daquiri lime
Also my yeti octane is trying to over grow one of the lemon skunk diesels

I think it may be time to take one of these down and give this yeti octane some room that i can open her up
Happy Humpday

11 Likes

Ive had them sit in water for week before any roots but the 3 different cloners i have it usually is about 20 days for roots to show. Then you would transplant.

8 Likes

Thank you that makes sense
I took the foil off and I think I saw the beginning of roots on the oldest one was going to change the water but it looks fine , might still change it
They look like the flowers are progressing despite being a cutting

12 Likes

Change the water every other day!

9 Likes

Lmfao thank you that’s definitely today then ,
Again thank you I love not screwing up ,I’d have probably waited

9 Likes

You just dont want the water going stagnant so every other day is just fine

8 Likes