Control for smilers can't be bought

Promix yes
Jack’s yes
Final pot yes
Wedding cake… Your choice.

I actually got a wedding cake auto by fast buds in the mail for next spring meant to handle cold Temps well so we will see

3 Likes

here they are today. they got feed a day ago. full strength jacks 3-2-1 and some recharge, for the recharge it was whatever size the small1.25 cc on the double sided scoop deal is. probably less than a gram. Didn’t feel like measuring it out so i just eyeballed it :rofl:
was 950-1k ppm or 1.8- 2 EC.

I was wondering about removing leaves at this stage. I just tucked the bigger fan leaves but those big reflectors on the top are blocking a lot of the stuff down low. I want max light but don’t want to remove anything that is going to be detrimental.
Any input is appreciated. @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Nicky @KoolHandLuke

some of the bottom stuff isn’t getting any light at all.

7 Likes

I don’t remove any leafs until 3rd week of flower because I grow autos.

Otherwise watch Kyle kushmans chiropractic video on YouTube if your running a photo

4 Likes

I’ve watched the kushamn vid. I was curious about this early on . I just toppped a day ago… or two. I cant remember. good to know about the autos. thanks.

3 Likes

Give it a couple days to recover.
Leafs don’t hurt they are doing a job…(in veg)

3 Likes

gotcha. I just moved a few around as I saw some moistture on two that were resting on each other. need to adjust a fan for just a tad more airflow also.

Just ordered some ilgm wedding cake autos per the wifes request so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

5 Likes

forgot to add i used bottled purified water and had to add 3ml ph up. filling my ro barrell now but im looking at around 30ppm as the filter is getting old and I dont have enough tubing to put the DI filter on :rofl: I think they will survive it.

I also raised my lights to 30" after last nights watering and the topping and they look to appreciate it. they were nice and perky when I came home today. except for one which i got my eye on. I also have one that had a bit of leaf discoloration
Left hand plant. I made sure they got a proper/healthy dose of Epsom salts in yesterdays watering.

4 Likes

They have a really good color are they under 4k lighting?

2 Likes

ah good catch! I forgot I took some photos today and had a vivid filter on my phone. I thought they looked a little odd especially for being under the grow lights. but my phone takes crappy photos anyway. heres one normal. which is much duller than they actually look so hard to translate. They fall someplace in-between.

2 Likes

You under the hlg or the kingbrite?
And are they 3500k lights?

1 Like

kingbright. the main 6 are under a 3k and the lone 1 is under a 3500

Wierd my hlg. 3k look mad yellow compared to yours…

This is under my hlg 320xl v2 3k

2 Likes

not sure maybe its the camera

1 Like

It’s a balance at that stage, big leaves fuel fast growth but can also block light to other developing tops, try to tuck back leaves if possible, if not I remove some, being very selective and not taking more than a pair of big leaves at a time.

2 Likes

I’ve got them tucked for the time being and observing which will need to go. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated

2 Likes

@Covertgrower why does he have a mail letter beside his reply?

2 Likes

It means I replied via email

3 Likes

Wow can’t believe I didn’t know that until today lol

4 Likes

feeding time. All plants got jacks 3-2-1 full strength and since it has been a while they also got a few 2-4ml of impello Tribus original formula. I kinda eyeballed it. :laughing: No real schedule for that but it has been several weeks so i gave them a shot. it totaled out to 1.8-1.9 EC and 5.9-6ph. I didn’t have to add ph up or down. I am using my RO buddie again instead of bottles of purified from the store and that is coming in at 35ppm according to the cheapo ppm meter. It does not register on the truncheon.

I honestly have not been taking runoff numbers. The plants look healthy and I am still watering them as a group. Next watering I will get a reading in and out for each plant and start entering data into a excel spreadsheet with some notes leading up to that watering.

They are growing fast it’s been 11 days? since transplant into the 1 gallon pots. I could use some advice on the next up pot. I was thinking at least 2 weeks to get a good root structure going. The only reason i went into the 1 gallons was i needed to keep them in 2x2.

I am also contemplating getting some 7 gallon pots as the 5 gallon pots i have now are more like 4.75 gallons.

The wedding cake Auto flowers i ordered from ILGM two days ago have already shipped and according to tracking will be here friday. Thats some great service right there. I will be giving some to the friend whos lost their crop as it got pollinated by hermie so at least she will have something in a couple months. (hopefully).
For us the idea is to take some clones from this batch while growing the autos and hopefully by the time the clones are ready for the 4x4 the autos will be done. I HIGHLY doubt the timing of this will work out and am fairly positive it will be another grow room debacle. But the wife said to do it so here we are.

Ive got the ol wet towel in the tent going also. the RH is pretty low here (below50) and I need to get my vpd up. It seems to be working as the data trend for today has the Rh rising.

I really need to dial this in and get it steady or I will probably run into all kinds of issues. My only grow was during the summer so this will be a new experience. It is getting incredibly cold and the Rh is getting lower.(thank god). A summer of 100% Rh all the time was awful and i had to run a 3500sqft dehumidifier 24/7 in flower. So I welcome the experience of growing in this changed climate.

4 Likes

12 days since transplant into 1 gallon pots. I have 7 gallon pots for them now. Wondering how much longer I should wait to transplant. any advice is appreciated.

@Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Zee

5 Likes