Color change near harvest question

Im almost at week 10 with my Chocolope. My leaves are turning color and drying up at the tips. I know this is normal towards the end. My question is why does some grows stay green and never do this? Is it something i did wrong? I fed it they same way up to this point and haven’t changed anything. The buds look killer IMO, my mind is always wanting more in the knowledge department. Thanks guy and gals.

4 Likes

Genetic. Coloration in late-flower is common among some strains.

4 Likes

Low humidity and light intensity contribute to brittle upper leaves. Common! Dark leaves/purple tint. All plants react differently but I see what you are talking about frequently.

Here is a more extreme example. Light intensity + temps, low humidity, and direct wind from a close fan. Dark brittle leaves.

3 Likes

I have an interesting phenomenon going on with my grow: 5 plants all in 3 gallon fabric with coco/perlite. Autopots and Jack’s. The 3 larger plants are all showing flower fade while the two smaller plants are almost suffering from nute excess: deep green, small fingered leaves etc. although stacking nice flower. I postulate that the canopy on the larger plants is too large for the root mass and thus seeing some issues. The smaller plants have a better matched canopy to root mass and I believe allows a higher relative amount of nutrient uptake.

Or maybe I’m just high.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 you might be high for sure but, what you said makes perfect sense to me. Im pretty sure this plant has a ton of roots in the resivour. Once I harvest it Im gonna post the root ball so yall can see.
I’m just questioning my ability when I see other people say its harvest time and the leaves look perfectly green.
Thanks for all the advice as always guys.
@Low
@Myfriendis410
@MidwestGuy

3 Likes

Since I stopped flushing in the final weeks of flower, the leaves are green all the way through unless I ran into PH or climate issues toward the end…

3 Likes

Yea i have green all the way 95%of the strains.

2 Likes

@Storm @Hogbud
So do yall stay on the same feeding chart?
And are yall organic?

2 Likes

ooh no sorry, I am in coco indoor. But the outdoor I have grown in soil before has stayed green until the end, but probably was lucky in the ground.

3 Likes

Nice looking buds!

3 Likes

I am. Top dressed living soil.

1 Like

From what I understand different types of plants behave differently to color change. I grew GDP and the last 10 days I dropped the night time temps to 63, I also cut back the light schedule from 12 hours to 11 then 2 days later to 10 then to 9 hours. It worked perfectly. Colors busted out!

I also put her in the dark for 48 hours before I harvested. Good Luck!

2 Likes