Clonex gel question

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and my experience is very self taught to say the least. So please excuse my terminology. I’ve been watching, reading and gathering information.( thanks @hellraiser and @holmes for such Informative threads)
I’ve grown outdoors but have now ventured indoors with the same attitude " its just a weed " mind set. But now I know thiers much more to learn.
But one step at a time. My question is can clonex gel go bad. My bottle of x was gifted to me and is really runny, nothing like the pics I’ve seen in the above mentioned threads

I’ve used this bottle in the several attempt to root in dirt and domed method several times. The clones are nice and green and look just as healthy as when I took them for about 2 wk with no new growth. Then they wilt and are discarded, not see anytype of roots forming.
Is bottle of x gel be trashed or am I missing more.
Any feed back would be appreciated

2 Likes

Are you maintaining proper temps at the rooting zone? Practicing proper watering technique? Pic. of setup?

@Holmes … Well after all my attempts, my gifted blueberry and banana kush donor plants are thinning out… so I stop to let them veg a little longer…and took everything down. Sorry no pics…
Had homemade dome from a clear tote with 18" T5 3200K bulb.( inside dome temp to hot 78-80°). Misted 3-4/day ( overwatering) with tap water ph to6.5-6.8 ( chlorine). Well from watching yours and hellraisers threads and seeing the error in my ways, those area are now in the process of being corrected.
Also thinking about trying your bucket method.
But that pic you have in your thread with the cutting just after in was dipped in x still stands out in my mind. Is the x bad, old maybe contaminated. But it does adhere to the stem like your pic.

1 Like

I have used Aloe plant with the same success as Clonex! The homemade bucket aerocloner really does simplify the process as long as you have correct ph and temp!

1 Like

Thanks man for the reply. Going forward the
bucket cloner and some new clonex

Yes, clonex gel goes bad, and your’s looks bad, time for a new bottle, keep it in the fridge, lasts longer.

1 Like

@Hellraiser. Thank you sir for your reply. Enjoyed your cloning thread it was very informative on a subject I need to improve on. Your manor of explaining what you do is very easy for me to follow.
I’ll be watching for your next grow.
Again thanks

2 Likes