Canna coco shortage?

My hydro shop is having a difficult time getting it in. Ordered some bricks online. Anyone else seeing this?

1 Like

My local grow shop is very low on Coco product. May be a supply issue across the board.

2 Likes

Very likely with all the new growers getting into it.

Mine is closing. Gonna be a fish market.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

The one I liked best closed a year ago, The new one seems in trouble.
Cant understand why legalizing has hurt them. Maybe people started growing outside more. Which here is bad because its really wet and humid in fall when buds are ripening. I know bud rot is killing a lot of it.

3 Likes

Similar here the last number of years.
I do both in and out so see first hand the cruelty of ma nature in the fall.
She can be a harsh mistress at times.

:v:

6 Likes

Oh man. Sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

The hydro shop that we go to has a good owner. He is honest from all i can tell. Left a sticker there once behind. Said he was waiting to give it to me. Was like 50 cents. Good people.
In Michigan so legal. He said he thinks based on sales more grow inside here then outdoors.
A lot of his sales are from people buying soil for a victory garden using raised beds.

2 Likes

Is why we hit the shops in winter, and middle of summer, everyone has not had the same idea yet, or they already are in motion and supplied up, kinda like buying a boat when everyone is Ice fishing! Hehehe

3 Likes

I switched to coco bliss. My shop has only had amended/blended coco I’m not a fan of.

1 Like

Going to try this one out.
Home Depot website has it with a good price plus free shipping.

4 Likes

If u can get htg to ship to u ifound brich like 15 bucks each at htg i got free delivery with my order of 4 bricks to michigan. Not sure where and how they deliver elsewhere but worth a shot for yalls to look.

4 Likes

I believe @CoyoteCody uses this brand. It has to be buffered and all but he says it does a good job like canna just needs the prelove

5 Likes

I use it, it works well, it says rinsed, and the ec is usually good, but there is some sand so i like to fill a 5 gallon bucket with it and a lot of water and onpy collect what floats, still get 99% of your coco out of it.

3 Likes

This is the brand the hydro shop has now. Good to know.

1 Like

The Hydro Crunch is what I bought to start with. Not a lot of hype around it so the price hasn’t soared yet. I read a bunch of the reviews on HD site and seemed like a good start for me. I did have to wash it and then did the whole buffering thing twice. Somebody said ‘pre-love’ and that’s a great description for it. I only found 4 pieces of something that wasn’t CoCo in my 1st brick and they were just larger than maybe like a thumbtack size.