Cal-mag i really want to know

Can you over do it? How often should you feed it to your plants? I have some purple stems on leaves so I’m about to give my ladies some. But my ladies are planted directly in mother earth! I use fox farm cal mag. After the plants had been in the ground for about a week i gave them each a gallon of mix to treat the same purple stem issue. Plants are just much larger now.

Follow the directions on the bottle. It’s pretty hard to hurt a plant with cal/mag.

2 Likes

The bottle don’t tell me if i can pour 1-2-3 or more gallons on an outdoor plant! I’m guessing the directions are more for pots where I’m in mother earth!

3 Likes

I get purple stems with many strains. No issues

1 Like

You generally feed calmag at 5ml per gallon.

Not sure I understand this question?? You feed as much as it takes. If you’re in pots, enough is when it runs out the bottom. In ground you’ll have to check the soil moisture a few inches down :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I’m in the ground not potters and besides digging up my root ball how do i know how wet it got?

I might add i give them at least 5-10 gallons of water almost every other day! Saturating the soil around my root ball probably takes at least 5 gallons! Do i mix 1 gallon of cal-mag or do i mix enough to saturate the ground 5 gallons? Directions do say no more than once a week! So I’m gonna feed cal mag every ten days

2 Likes

5ml x 5 gallons =25 ml of calmag :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I have all sorts of purple stems. Completely normal. Growing that :fire:

2 Likes

I dont like purple stems! To me It’s a sign of adeficiency! When i get them i give my plants cal mag and the purple stops!

I’ve never seen or experienced that. I get purple stems with the nutrients, lighting and environmental conditions on point :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

This is excessive for soil Grows, the soils needs a drought period to provide the roots oxygen. Wet feet don’t breath well Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

2 Likes

My plants are happy and healthy and I’ve saturated my plants the same for years without problem

1 Like

IMG_1771

Keep on doing what you’re doing…it’s definitely working :muscle::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

She has purple stems also

2 Likes

Calmag is 1 of the few things i will foliar spray. Can just hit them in morning or evening. Your plants look good so I personally see no issues. Foliar calmag wont hurt a thing light or heavy.

Idk I’ve seen some crazy plants grown in the swamp

1 Like

Being you are that far into budding i could see some purple stems showing up! But I’m in the middle of veg and purple is not a good sign! I’ll take a pic of the purple stems before i feed cal mag and then I’ll show another pic a week after! The new growth will all be green with no purple!

Your plants looks awesome though!