Brown leaves is this a K defiant plant? Thanks

This is an @garrigan62 post with some good reading on ppms and ph and how they set up your plant for success

2 Likes

Thank you @Sixpackdad ! At least this gives me a baseline to go from. A lot of good information youā€™ve helped in more ways than you know :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the post it confirms some of my thoughts however it does not address my question as to ppm in and ppm out. My common sense (which I donā€™t have a lot of ) would say that ppm in would be higher than ppm out. My question would be does not the plant uptake some of those ppm in feeding so there should be less ppm out? Or is there just a continual build up of minerals in the soil with feeding that contribute to a high ppm out?..Thanksā€¦

I am not 100% sure, but I think itā€™s you latter statement. In between watering a the plant exchanges salts with nutrients. I think when the water goes in some of these salts are absorbed and runn. Some of the nutrient in the water absorb into the soil and donā€™t runoff. Some of the nutrients already I the soil absorb andnrunoff. So certainly there is a lot going on. It is certainly not an exact sciencešŸ˜œ

Itā€™s just something to consider as an input along with everything else - pH, temps, humidity, condition of leaves, growth, etc to consider while we try to set up the plant for success.

1 Like

ok I have these in the jars now and averaged between 80-95 gm of bud/ plant. I donā€™t know if that is good or bad but looks ok. Burping daily and my humidity pack will be here on Monday. This GC has a lemoney/gas smell to it. Next time I am planning to collect some keif from the buds as the smell of it on my hands reminds me of Afganie hashā€¦this has been fun but long. Also starting to collect soil ingredients for the next grow and see if I can get of some of the headaches with PH and PPMā€¦

3 Likes

Looks like a good haul to me. Congrats.

1 Like

I have nothing to compare the harvest to but I am happy. The brother inlaws will be happy with their gifts also. Planning to make the next grow a little less precarious by using better soil, at least that will be the goal. I have a couple of wish list purchases and alterations. With a harvest of about 90 gm/plant ofbuds I donā€™t know if buying another LED, another exhaust fan and a second temp controled for night temp would be justified in more buds for financial out layā€¦

I weigh the financial benefit of this by comparing what I am spending on materials and energy versus the $600 per month my wife and I used to spend on weed. I figure I am about $3k in materials and energy, but I havent bought weed in 13 months. I feel pretty good about the investment vs. the return at this point.

3 Likes

And too @Sixpackdad. The more grows u do then the greater your savings will be.
To a point. Barring equip failure or upgrade expenses. Itā€™s still ends up as a win for me if I donā€™t have to buy. Peace all. :v:

Well I havenā€™t smoked pot for 35 years because of legality. Now itā€™s legal here I am up to a couple reefers a days. I donā€™t even know what it costs. Last time I bought pot it cost some where around $25/oz.the seeds and stems were freeā€¦

2 Likes