Brand New Looking for some advice!

Did I do this correctly??

2 Likes

Looks good to me bro. Now watch all the under growth explode from the bottom! Every day or so you have to tie them down further. Just be careful and try not to snap stems. If you do easy fix with honey and electrical tape.

3 Likes

Cool beans thankyou very much

3 Likes

Yup looks perfect. Like @Jonesy287 mentioned. Itll be an everyday to every other day adventure for awhile. Constantly readjusting and directing new growth where ya want it. Hmu as your grow progresses and ill help ya along of you need it.

2 Likes

Hi I’ve got a quick question. I have an auto in her 4th week of flower almost a week ago I noticed the pistils on the main cola start to brown. Slowly most every bud site started to brown. She has been inside the tent from gate so no chance of pollination and I know that pistils go brown eventually but I’ve not see. This before. The plant is supposed to finish between 6-8 weeks so I don’t know if she is just getting older or what. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks all.

3 Likes

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

@Elysium your going to have a very purple plant and buds. Its normal i wouldnt worry really. Pistils tend to come in waves. White to brown then itll fill out a bit and new ones will appear and repeat until finished.

The Support Ticket that @Myfriendis410 posted will help us help you diagnose any potential issues that may or may not be happening though. Just copy and paste it to a new thread. Starting a journal with that info would be best.

2 Likes

Should I just use ties or should I get some metal things to pin down the leaves?

1 Like

Whatevers clever. Keep it simple though. Youll be removing and repositioning all the time throughout the grow. Thats why i use gear ties. Theyre super heavy duty silicone twist ties for the most part. I can grab anything i want and lock it to anything i want. Theyre amazing for lst

3 Likes

How are they looking?? Am I doing it right I adjusted them down a little more and started pinning stuff down with some metal rods

3weeks old i stopped lst on one of them and kept trying it on the other. The one I stopped it was kind of scaring me to do it with.

1 Like

So how much am I supposed to be watering like a half gallon , a gallon?

Personally id start watering to run off now. Shes gonna start picking up in size pretty fast in the next week or so.

1 Like

What do you mean watering to run off?

1 Like

Water till 15% or so of the water comes out of the bottom of the container for soil grows.

1 Like

Oh snap I’ve been way underwatering then, I’m been watering 32 oz every two days

1 Like

It’s hard to tell if the pots are up a little off the pan. If they aren’t, get something to rise them up so the pot doesn’t stay wet.

3 Likes

When you water heavily, do so again only when the pot gets light again. Probably every 5 days or so at this point.

MJ is naturally used to periods of dry… Like I said… just water till it runs off (completely saturated all soil in the container) then wait several days until it feel light again. That’s the ticket.

I use a large turkey baster to suck the excess up out of the catch pan and dispose of it.

3 Likes

Thankyou both very much I’ve been afraid to water because they said most failures is due to over watering so I’ve been timid on watering I did a half gallon each tonight in a few days I’ll saturate it

1 Like

Yeh, good point. It’s overwatering in frequency… Not amount.

3 Likes