Bigb2's continuing grow journal

I didn’t read that right, you can top feed as long as you need to before switching to the autopot system. It’ll just take the additional time of top feeding after transplant before being able to switch to bottom. The roots in coco spread like wild fire. Anything already flowering probably wouldn’t benefit as much from a transplant, better to just add another feeding. Risk of shock during flower could be a stress concern. Plants actually adjust their intake depending on their conditions and the available feed, so they do switch their priorities around to take advantage of what’s available and when. Pretty neat. They behave differently when being fed on occasion, to being fed frequently/continuously.

3 Likes

Ok. I got it. None of my plants that i am transplanting are flowering. I just don’t want to start autopot feeding until i move them to the flower tent. The soil girls in the flower tent might want 3 more weeks before chop. All good until the last male or two surprises me. Lol

2 Likes

Ohhh right on. lol. I figured as much. The only risk with potting up prior to sexing is of course going to be the coco and prep/time put in if it turns to male. Then the fact it’s male will “feel” worse. I keep regs in solo or small pot until they show, regardless of health. When they show they get better treatment if fem, and then they explode on potting up. But that’s just what works for me. Never on a time schedule here. Haha

1 Like

It might not be my day. Found this one nad on my probable female.

Pretty sure its male.

Plans change quick. Its not crowded any more. Two candidates left.

The ugly ducking alien bubba and the northern lights that grew without cotyledon leaves. Lol

2 Likes

These other peoples pics are really aggravating/inspiring … :drooling_face: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Got the new babies transplanted and in the veg tent

4 Likes

Had to run some new ductwork for the portable ac in garage. Both tents are in the high 80s already. Garage is 80 degrees in the lung room, and the lights just came on. Next girls are going to get lights out at around 2pm, so i can try and deal with temps better.

Water day today. This mandarin cookies is crazy frosty.

3 Likes

Practicing my photography skills for a bom entry. Heres the pregnancy ward today. Maybe another week until i find my contest pic. Haha

Still have two candidates in the veg tent. Also popped 3 more beans. Mac1 x cindy99, ice princess x gluey, and apple fritter. Veggies really dig a grow tent too.

4 Likes

@Low is it possible to “bruise” growing buds? I have one cola with a brown spot on both sides. Pretty sure it is the spot where i squeezed it to feel for seeds. Not sure if its damage or if the trich pulled dirt off the glove i was wearing.

1 Like

Idk about bruising, but when touched or damaged the pistils recede faster. Are you sure it’s brown, and not a shade of purple?

1 Like

It brown. I’ll get a pic.

1 Like

Roger Roger

1 Like

When i first saw it i thought mold, but i am sure the only spots on it are where i squished it.

It looked worse when i was watering the other day.

3 Likes

Can you look at the area through a scope? I’m not seeing anything concerning. I’m just seeing that little leaf with the damage/burn of some sort.

2 Likes

Wish i would have thought of the scope yesterday. Looks like damaged areas to me now. No fuzzy stuff. Sorry about my mold paranoia.

4 Likes

Ayyye Mold is worth being paranoid over. :call_me_hand:t3:

5 Likes

How she goin I’ve found if the inside of the bud is soft or dying the sugar leaves give clue and the dead ones pull out really easily without a snap, I might have learned that from you and @RightAway pointed out early signs like that too.

2 Likes

Inside of the bud seems solid. The leaves in scope pics tore when i tried to pull them.

2 Likes

Im thinking last fertilzer was today for the flower girls. They are getting close. They’ll get ph water for the rest of the way. I need to start taking clones. The one free bean of london pound cake made a nice plant; I’m already wishing i had another run of it.

7 Likes

Uh oh. Good thing the tents getting close.

3 Likes