Back from Vacation and starting 1st Grow

Seeds all popped and sprouted 1-2” tails within 48 hours, so I’d say seed drawer is dialed in. The containers felt warm to the touch, but just a bit.

All of them are now safe and sound in a double solo cup with a solo hat.

Recent cuttings are down with the future mom. The cuttings don’t look happy, but mom seems to be doing fine after nute burn

Been feeding twice a day to runoff in the tent, and the plants seem to be doing ok. Started getting some bleaching and curling of leaves at the tips, so I raised the light up 6” and turned it down a touch. (Now reading 400-195x100 lux at the canopy. I’ll see how they look tomorrow. Feedings last few days have been 720 ppm at 5.8 ph, and the runoff has averaged 5.8-6 ph and around 540-575 ppm.

5 Likes

I’m comfortable reading the nutrient schedule, but not sure what the benefit of some things are. I have the jacks 321 on order along with a fulvic/humic acid additive, Power Si, and Botincare cal-mag.

As I run out of GH and start feeding jacks, what is the benefit of Tribus and Neptune’s Harvest?

I believe Tribus is along the lines of Mammoth P, but I don’t know if one is better for jacks. And I’m not sure what my comparable GH nutrient is to the Neptune.

Yes it is, just like Voodoo Juice, provides beneficial bacteria and microbes for a very healthy root system, many products do this, whether one is better than another is hard to say but I hear great things about Tribus and Voodoo Juice (which I use).

Neptune’s Harvest makes a whole bunch of products based on fish, crabs, and seaweed, don’t think GH makes anything like it.

2 Likes

Looking over the different plants, and it raised a question.
Priscilla has enormous fan leaves, like each individual leg is over 6”. She also seems to have far fewer bud sites than any other plant. Should I take off any fan leaves in the week before transition?

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s a lot of leaf, I’d thin her out a little.

2 Likes

They are looking good. I am way behind. Once you go to Jacks. I am finding it really likes the Big bud coco in flower. Also, your leaves look like you may be running to much light or to close. just my 02 there. Some show a little extra cal mag may not hurt as well. Over all though. Things are going great in there :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m very happy with how the plants are responding to the new space. I just mixed up a batch of nutes at full strength late veg, which came out to 790 ppm. I had to run down to my parents in Ohio for a day. When I get back, I’ll see if it’s still a bit too much light and adjust them up a bit.

Thinking next barrel of nutes will be transition.

1 Like

I’ve been gone a couple of days while my mom had surgery. Fortunately, my wife took great care of the plants! I am actually putting her in charge of tucking fan leaves, because she’s better at it than I am! :joy:

I will post pics of the grow room tomorrow after the screens are assembled and in place.

For now I have a question about training my mother plant. She seems to be doing very well on low nutrients and just 2 t5 bulbs about 24” above the canopy. If I want to try keeping her for a while and making clones, how should I train her, and is she ready to start?

My ultimate goal would be to have 3 mother strains in the cabinet, and would move them as needed when I want to veg them for a run of clones. One fun uplifting social strain, one medicinal pain relief/knockout for the night, and one rotational as I learn and experiment with strains.(Still a novice and overwhelmed with the variety of strains, effects, etc.)

So if you know a strain you’d recommend for the above purposes, I’d gladly give them a try. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’d top her to keep her short and then it’s a matter of keeping the branches trimmed back, which needs to be done every week or 2.

See my cloning journal, has care & keeping of clone mothers

As far as strains I like some variety so would want like a Blue Dream (social), OG Kush (strong good for pain), and maybe something like Wedding Cake.

2 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser! I knew I’d seen a thread with tips, but I couldn’t find it, and your gorilla glue thread is really long now! The 4 plants in my grow room, and my clone mother are all ilgm wedding cake, so I’m off to a good start.

2 Likes

Three of the screens are set and anchored, but Felicia takes up part of the 2 beside her, and I’m not quite sure there’s room for her own.

5 Likes

The time has come to flip the ladies in the flower room! I don’t know whether I’m more excited or nervous :man_facepalming::flushed:

Mixed up nutrients at 100% of GH Transition schedule and came to 675 ppm before ph or microbes. Fed first feeding to strong runoff (Roughly a half gallon Per on 7 gal pot.)

Also spent some time tucking limbs under the screens and super cropping a couple of limbs without a place to tuck. Although I broke my first limb in the process. It’s now wrapped in electrical tape. :crossed_fingers:t2:

Light readings at the canopy range from 210 - 475 x100 lux. What should I be at now that I’m starting to flower?

5 Likes

No clue, don’t do lux or use a light meter but I push the lights pretty hard in flowering, just watch for light stress.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed limbs are getting a lot less flexible, which resulted in some clones…

Chilled veg light won’t be here until next Monday now, so I had to make some adjustments. Mother plant and T5 fixture got moved into 4x4 tent with cloner. I think I’m going to like vegging in the tent.

4 Likes

Seedlings bags are doing well, so I moved them from the upper cabinet into tent with clones. They are 13 days above ground now.

And the screens are starting to fill in nicely in the flower room. They’ve been on transition nutrients for 4 days now with daily foliar rotation of silica and fulvic/humic acid.

Lights are set to 370 watts at 29” above canopy. My UVA light also came in yesterday, but I believe I should wait a couple weeks before adding that. @Hellraiser?

4 Likes

I start up my UVA’s with the switch to flowering light cycle but you could wait until buds are forming if you want.

1 Like

@Waz_Wolf this has been a very enjoyable/educational thread for me…makes me so excited to start my 1st grow!!!

2 Likes

I’m glad you able to get something following me down the rabbit hole!
Hopefully you can find some short cuts along the way. I have a pile of pvc fittings and scraps at this point. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

UPS does it again. Yesterday I got an update that my chilled light wouldn’t be here until January 4th. I got home from an appt, and what’s waiting for me?

Looks like I’ll be up late assembling and hopefully swap the t5 and mother’s back to the cabinet tomorrow.

Assembly video looks pretty simple, but I will be blowing you up if I get stuck @dbrn32!

I will also add, chilled packaging was really good. Individual boxes with extra empty boxes filling any voids.

6 Likes

That didn’t take as long as I thought. Now everything is pretty much in its place. Still have to drill and tap barrel for veg room res. Seedlings are looking great, but still a long way off from a halo.

I also have the Hlg UVA attached to one 650r’s and on as of an hour ago.

I also found out my stepson’s bag seed is Ditchman. It seems to be the most vigorous grower, but it was a much larger seed.

Thanks a ton to everyone’s advice and help getting everything figured out.

8 Likes