Baby SQUIRRELS 🐿️ rescued

Found these guys at work. They just kind of fell I to my life. The momma wasn’t so fortunate. So I have three baby squirrels my girl and I are raising them releasing.

They are pretty much fully furred and about to open their eyes. They eat well​:+1::deciduous_tree::evergreen_tree::chipmunk:

9 Likes

Awww… So cute.

Interesting side story. I have chipmunks making homes under my concrete patio and they are ruining the foundation. I set up a humane trap with a trap door and put some walnuts in it. I caught one a couple of weeks ago and took him to the park to let him go. It wasn’t 5 seconds after I let him out of the cage when a flipping hawk swooped down and scooped him up. I was disappointed because I was trying to do the right thing and not just kill them with a pellet gun.

7 Likes

Wow, what a story :astonished: yeah that’s what I trying to do is the right thing. It was better than the alternative I assure you of that.

3 Likes

Awesome dude. I love squirrels. I have had several the momma kicked out of the nest but als they had something which the momma knew and they died. I keep hoping one day I will get one that I can nurse back to health and and keep as a friend.

That was momma. She brought Alvin, Simon and Teddy to meet me. She must’ve known she was dying. They were little but healthy.

This baby made it 30 days and I came home from work and he was gone. Buried him in the back yard with the others.

Kudo’s to you for rescuing lil ones.

9 Likes

That’s terrible. I’m sorry. That’s a scary and risky situation of you find them when they’re that small and like you said if the mother abandoned them then there was clearly a reason for it. Smh. We can only do what we can do. We’re only human :100:

3 Likes

Them dang tree rats torcher my woofers.
They dig up everything. I like seeing them but their destructive traits are wearing thin with me.

2 Likes

They always transplant the neighbor’s tulip bulbs in my yard. lol

2 Likes

I can send this guy to help. Might keep them in line
17309701_10210458974845664_2533277477326072683_n_10210458974845664

6 Likes

Feed them cooked corn for the next 45 days, put them bad boys on a rotisserie stick, put them on the grill. Ummm

5 Likes

Good luck! That’s awesome of you.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I know. I use to chase them away from my bird feeders but I gave up on that. There’s just to many :joy: :chipmunk::chipmunk::chipmunk::chipmunk::national_park::deciduous_tree::evergreen_tree:

:pray: thank you :blush:

:joy: that’s hilarious, adorable :chipmunk::sparkle::deciduous_tree::white_check_mark: