AZ Desert Grow Journal

7 Likes

8 Likes

I still have a long way to go; with learning about MJ and until harvest. Any feedback, tips, corrections and ways to enhance the buds THC/flavor are welcome…please.

6 Likes

The very last picture got saved in my photo album along with what I’m gonna deem worthy of being called “The Wall” :flushed: Beautiful plants!

2 Likes

Let me know if you need help harvesting “Will Work For Weed”

3 Likes

Friendship Bread or Book Club…growers can share their buds with each other. Friendship Buds😉

3 Likes

Yeah, I love YuccaBud’s “yard hedges”!

1 Like

Your plants are really coming along! :+1:

1 Like

I can’t say it enough weed loves the desert sun as long as you can keep it moist you will grow monsters. @YuccaBud I can’t remember what you are feeding but when I moved here to the desert I had a guy tell me about biochar and how well it holds on to nutrients and could bring life into the dead desert soil. Check it out it’s good stuff and simple to make during the winter with a beer in your hand

4 Likes

Raining here in Chandler, cats and dogs even.

2 Likes

I would love to start/join a desert soil thread!! I didn’t know it had a name, but a quick read of “biochar” and that is exactly what I do all year. I would like to know what trick @plumbdand is using in his greenhouse. I’m getting ready to start digging my new holes for next season and could go step by step if any desert dwellers are interested??

All about the free castings

Scratch of the soil

7 Likes

@YuccaBud He said he has spent the past few years re working the crappy clay soil in his greenhouse with composted soil and mulch that has been used from his garden. He said his green house is like 3 foot away from his duck pond and he uses the water from this pond to water his garden soil which he is also using in his greenhouse….he started his plants off in organic potting soil…specifics I don’t know but hope this gives you an idea

2 Likes

I would be highly interested in your soil preparation methods.

2 Likes

I would be interested in that thread!

2 Likes

I would be interested in a thread like that, for future education. I’m a long way off before outdoor growing and I don’t live in the desert, BUT I’d really like to follow along and learn.

3 Likes

Finally!! We got monsoon​:pray::pray::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Monsoons have hit us pretty hard this week we had almost 2" the other night between 2am and 5am

2 Likes

Rained all morning here

1 Like

The soil in my garden came from the bottom of the duck pond I drain it every couple of years and dig it out. All the spoils are dumped in my garden area and rototilled into the soil. I add compost along with chicken and duck poop. I then mix in organic soil and perlite from home depot. I’ve been doing that for the last15 years. I built the greenhouse on top of the garden. For each plant I dug a hole 3ft around and 2ft deep added some FFOF “Fox farm ocean forest” and mixed it with my soil added mycorrhizae and tribus, bone meal and dolomite lime. Then transplanted my plants that were growing in FFOF. Oh yeah Ive added worm castings and molasses too. That’s it in a nut shell.

7 Likes

Sounds like a great system!! Cheaper and healthier growing organically.

4 Likes