Autos-only Using Jacks 321 & 4/2

What aromas are you getting?

5 Likes

The banana purple punch was very fruity when growing but also had an over ripe banana smell, which gave it a bit of a funk smell.

The smoke was very sweet and I was told it tasted like a grape jolly rancher on the exhale. Some extra time curing and I could give a better answer.

The gorilla cookies has the gg4 distinct smell and is strong!! Has slight hints of something I guess I would call sourdough bread? Maybe a Citrus cookie? It’s not really a unique smell or anything I would write home about, but it’s definitely strong.

4 Likes

@MartyMarajuanaseed this is the gorilla cookies I’m speaking of, she’s plus size… just the way I like them. Little slower to finish and I’m okay with that too.

9 Likes

Plus size for sure. What size pot do you have? Curious do you get bigger grows the larger the size, I’m using 5g’s.

3 Likes

I’m using 5 gallons as well. Using larger pots will give the plant the ability to get larger roots = larger plants. There are other factors also, why I used the word ability.

6 Likes

What size tent is this gorilla cookies in?

2 Likes

That sure is pretty Autos !!! And I do love me some Gorilla Glue. The cross sounds like it would be pretty righteous. Great Work !!!

2 Likes

3x3 sir

3 Likes

Thank you man! I appreciate that! I’m happy with how this one turned out.

2 Likes

Dang! Thats a heck of an auto! My coco girls went crazy (which you predicted). I ended up cutting back to 3 plants in 5x5. They were just to thick for my environment.

3 Likes

Hell yea! Thats what we like to see! My next run will be one plant. Two is just too much!!

5 Likes

I been considering running one or two next run.

6 Likes

Next run will be Tahoe cookies by atlas seed, will be running a single plant in my 3x3 to really see the potential. Been dying to see this breeders work, this will be the first time trying.

As always with jacks 321 in 5Gal coco but this time I will be using cal/mag and will continue to unless I see unhappy plants!

Let’s see how she unfolds!

3 Likes

I love having the space I have to work in, my advice is to knock down a couple walls…lol… so doesn’t Jacks 321 supply the necessary calcium and magnesium? I was under the assumption that the 1 was like epsom salt. Appreciate you clearing this up in my mind Autos.

3 Likes

It does supply calcium and nitrogen in part b, magnesium and sulfur in part c.

From what the team over at jacks said cal/mag shouldn’t be needed but in some applications might benefit.
So this run will be a test and see if I benefit or if it’s more harmful than good.

I love experimenting lol

2 Likes

Somehow I thought thats what you were up to. Have you noticed what you thought might be a need for adding?

2 Likes

Coco does have a tendency to be a calcium hoarder, that’s why we wash and buffer coco with calcium.

I reuse my coco and wonder if maybe I’m depleting it, I can’t add calcium with jacks without adding large amounts of nitrogen so this is just for experiment.

2 Likes

Ok so what I started doing is rinsing the media with ph’ed cal-mag water. Because yes when you rinse it its totally depleted.

1 Like

Yes sir, it definitely strips pretty easy. Iv been doing jacks at full strength as a wash.

1 Like

My current run is Canna coco bricks. Hydrated with full strength Jacks. I soaked the bricks in a tote, and kept the coco turned / fluffed for a few days to let it get to a consistent dampness. Once loaded into the bags, watered for runoff, let it get damp, transplanted and started my fertigation schedule. After three weeks or so I started showing magnesium deficiency, in just one plant, Rather than up the epsom, I had Cal-mag on hand so I finished it up. As the grow progressed I bumped the epsom up to 60 gallons while only mixing 55 gallons.

So, my experience has me looking into doing a better initial wash / rinse of the coco or be prepared for adjusting the recipe.

1 Like