Artistry Under the Influence

Has my wife been talking to you? Lol.

4 Likes

Honestly, you do such nice work and that wood is so beautiful, it would be a shame not to make a side table.

2 Likes

i would have a branding iron with a trade mark on it @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

I agree with you. I need to build a jewelry box for a friend too.

1 Like

OMG! A jewellery box would look amazing in that wood.

2 Likes

@raustin head just exploaded!! lol

2 Likes

Lol, Iā€™m an architect and I just love beautiful wood furniture!

I just bought myself a jewellery box that Iā€™m not even crazy about. It cost $250, way overpriced.

3 Likes

lol,i could imagine your pupils enlarging when @Myfriendis410 said thatā€¦lol
i just found myself sitting here laughing ā€¦lol the guy is talented!

3 Likes

My head did explode a little bit, I must admit. Iā€™d been searching for a really nice jewellery box for like a year now and I had to settle for something that was mediocre.

2 Likes

Lol, thanks! Most of it is just slowing down and being careful and patient. There are no shortcuts.

Hereā€™s my wifeā€™s jewelry box.

The secret to a good box is a perfect fit between the lid and the rest of the carcase.

13 Likes

sadly wood working is not a popular trade like it used to beā€¦

3 Likes

OMG, thatā€™s gorgeous! You are very skilled indeed.

1 Like

Yeah, nobody does it anymore, such a shame.

Well @raustin has already said everything I would have :smiley: and I agree with her :100:
Whatever your wife doesnā€™t like Iā€™m sure Raustin or I can find good homes for it!
You really really need to stay away from Wood Working Shows as you might get talked into exhibiting your work! You, my friend, are a Master Craftsman in my book :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

4 Likes

Well said, @SmoknGranny.

3 Likes

I agree with @SmoknGranny. You are a Master Woodworker. Absolutely beautiful builds. Both of them. The jewelry box is so fine. I bet it feels great in the hands and is more amazing than the photos really show

Yes I think a side table to match would be super.

3 Likes

@BIGE @raustin @SmoknGranny @mulegal Thank you for the kind words. The jewelry box is left over wood from the dining room table I built 27 years ago.

I started and built up a humidor company that made nothing but solid wood exotic humidors. Goncalo Alves, Padauk, Bubinga, Imbuya, Chechen, Cardinal wood, Canary wood etc. all blocked and polished to a high gloss. At one time I was puking out 200 per month. We have them in the U.K. and Europe, UAE, Israel, Indonesia, Mexico, Hong Kong, Japan etc. I just do enough to stay fairly current.

7 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Nice jewelry box! Those corners look super smooth as silk, greatness!

3 Likes

Wow. Humidors like for cigars? You ARE a master woodworkerā€¦a real pro!
A lifetime of experience is evident behind things like your table and box.

With wood, Iā€™m a hackā€¦ it splits and cracks and splinters or joints are funky, some edges are sharp, some are sanded round, finishes are uneven. You are a real Craftsman.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Man, that turned out great! I wish I had your skills my friend.

1 Like