Around the World in 40 Strains Results and Reviews

Great report! Sour diesel is on my list already, may have to bump it up. I find myself looking forward to your descriptively entertaining write ups! Sounds odd but I can’t wait for the next time you get high lol

4 Likes

Seriously I can’t either! In fact I’ll do that right now!! Great idea @WilIy :+1:

5 Likes

California Sour

Planted: Aug 4
Flower: Sept 9
Harvest: Nov 7
Total Bud weight: 14.7gm
Kief: 0.5g
Seeds: not yet
Method: DHV

Outside in the Horseshoe Lounge cleaning up the workspace for a new project. But need a little focus and kick in the pants. So as my BIL says, “Step 1”. Get the bowl packed. Open the bag to pink grapefruits and watermelon like sweetness. Something else fruit based is there too, can’t quite get the profile. Anyway, grind is pretty nice, not dry. And wow is it dense! Little for the bowl…oh well, its early, i’ll start slow.
First toke fills the nasal cavity with citrus and the smell of old books. Gets me thinking about toking in the library. No cough, a little warm feeling in the back of the throat. Second toke is a little less citrus and more of a dry mouthfeel, more floral/perfumey smell in the nose. Third toke gets me to cough, but nothing harsh. Gonna sit and wait and see what happens. hmm, no big vibes or anything. Feeling pretty content, no great euphoria. But I am getting tired of seeing those wrenches on the workbench. Now I can get to the hammers. Well, better get this power sander back in its place. Ok, wonder how a few mroe tokes would taste. Subdued perfumes. Almost like orange blossoms? Guess I’ll sit down in front of the woodstove a minute. Kinda wanna sit a little bit and stare at this fire. Better get some more wood. Why is this saw here? I should have put it back inside. Dang it, sand off the oxidation. Now put that away. And the chair. And the hatchet. You know, didnt really think I had any energy, still really dont, but stuff keeps getting done with this one.

4 Likes

And with that, my 45th review. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

45th review of awesomeness! Thanks for sharing.
I’ve enjoyed it!

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ve had so much fun.

3 Likes

Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato

Planted
Flower:
Harvest:
Total Bud Weight:
Kief:
Seeds?:
Method: DHV

Got the Horseshoe Lounge up and running. Senior Wingman is stopping by. Opening the bag is pretty tangy. Citrus with some pastry in there. Floral, some very slight hint of berries, maybe? Bud is DRY. I had too big a grove bags I bet, didn’t have anything at the time. Grinds too easily. First toke is some flowers and acerbic hind hit. Tastes like a cherry cheesecake with rose petals on top. Hmm odd. Not expecting the roses to be honest. Warming up though right away. Take a second, more to the floral side now, perfumey and drying my mouth really quickly, take a sip and take a toke. Third hit off DHV is all flowers, but like they have been in the vase too long, getting some funk.
Gotta say it took a minute but the stone on this is heavy. Nice calm blue oceans, mai tais on the beach kinda thing. not chatting with this one, but great for listening. The fire keeps going out can’t tell if it’s cuz the wood is wet or I’m too bricked. Maybe both. Pain is not an issue anymore but can still feel where it’s hanging out. Taking some more tokes, pretty much down to musky flowers and that feeling you get when drinking a dry wine in the nasal cavities . This is a keeper I think. Could see making qwet with it and capitalizing on the flavor profile Maybe make a mashup of some of my heavy berries and heavy citrus buds left over and put this in some gummies later :thinking: an hour later I can’t think about much. Probably not worth knowing anyway.

7 Likes

Outstanding Reviews Sisterfarmgirl

4 Likes

Thanks Bunger. I might have some residual stone going on, I see I didn’t fill out the deets on it…:smile::smile::rofl:

3 Likes

Planted: Aug 31
Flower Oct 10-ish
Harvest Dec 10
Weight: 5.9gm
Kief: some, mixed with others

Wow.

5 Likes

Jack Herer

Planted: Jun 1
Flower: July 10
Harvest: Sept 17
Cure in grove bags
Total Bud weight: 6.6 gm
Kief: not really, mixed with others
Seeds? Nope
Method DHV

Have a bunch to do today, was gonna take a few tokes to get going but a bud asked for a haircut, so waited until I was done with that or else…:older_man: Opening the bag is like smelling a memory from 1992 but muted. Skunk with some lemon, not too much, maybe household cleaner?. A herby but almost vinegary smell. Grind is pretty decent, not hugely sticky but smells great. First toke is piney but not really, Skunky but not much. But it made me cough and enjoy the burn. Second toke really not much going for it, herbally lemony tinge. Third is going into almost all herbal, some pepper but really not much. Wonder if I have a head cold starting? While the flavors make be off the effects are sure spot on. felt pretty clear headed for a good while, but about 30 min later, the herb went to my stomach. Why did I toke up right before going out? Why did I shove the entire burger in my face, and a salad? The plate is the size of a service platter, and it is now clean. I was not expecting to eat like this with this strain. I was not thinking I would have to join the gym after this bud, but I might. Why did i eat everything? Cuz the weed told me to.

7 Likes

Thats a very interesting review top notch, made my stomach growl, lol maybe its telling me something subliminal lol

5 Likes

Sorry I’m late to the party. Not sure how I missed this one but I’m trying to get caught up. Excellent reviews @TransplantedFarmgirl! Would like to tag along if that’s fine. More info to help us make the correct seed purchases. Thanks :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Farm sister let me tell you what!! If you was featured in a magazine I wouldn’t be scared to buy the whole magazine just for your article. I’m starting to think you’re the rain man of cannabis reviews :facepunch::thinking::rofl::rofl::rofl::sunglasses::fire::evergreen_tree::fire::evergreen_tree::fire::evergreen_tree: take a few hits and continue please thanks!!!

6 Likes

Nuf said! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

The best thing about growing is finding little gems like that. I have DJ Shorts version of this in a cup right now. Hope to have an even better time

2 Likes

You’re so awesome DD! Thanks for the compliment :relieved:!!
Was having a discussion with my buddy Senior Wingman about this, and that our dearly departed friend would have been the best dude in the world to give reports. He had his way of blending strains in the pipe that was truly next level, damn near guru. I have an idea in the works to make this idea a little more out there…:wink:

2 Likes

Let me know if you need any foot soldiers I’ll do whatever I can to help!!!

3 Likes

Thanks kindly double D :grin:

2 Likes

SLH x OB (dba “Box 52”)

Planted Dec 15
Flower: Feb 5
Harvest Mar 31
Total Bud weight 32.3 gm (only count first harvest for this topic)
Method DHV
Tonight I had set this aside because I wanted to do some day bake, but ended up saving it until night. This is a suspected sativa heavy blend, considering the orange bud is a 50/50 hybrid and super lemon haze is very sativa. You remember back in the 70s those little plastic jugs with highly sugared watered down kool aid like stuff? Opening the bag was like smelling a lemonade one of those. Astringent but sweet citrus. First toke is orange blossom and honey. It is SO NICE. Exhale is floral and sweet, some well rounded. Second toke made me back off. Cough til it hurts, but with lemony freshness at least. Can feel some warmth starting in the chest, clear and focused mellow. Third toke ends with a roasted nuttiness. Sprinkled with sugar. Just sitting in my front porch enjoying the beautiful night. About 10 minutes and feel a weight come off the shoulders. The pain is a little better but my joints are restless. Not a paranoia per se but am hyper aware of the minutest sounds. No bug sounds yet plenty of traffic though. On the interstate overpass 3 miles away. Some more tokes are a weakened perfume. This strain kinda fits the night ok, starting to feel a little relaxation telling me to go find a comfy place to munch munchies. Pressure around my eyes, feeling dry. Needing some water stat. Gonna watch some cooking shows and sit with my gumbo supper. This is a great cross.

7 Likes