Another 1st time grower!

Some of those you tubers have tons of experience. You gotta do you and seriously keep it simple especially at first.

I’m at the point where I can mess around a little and go for bigger yields. Learned from my mistakes over the years and now I can correct or hopefully avoid all together.

All my advice has been from the 1,001 mistakes I’ve made in the past. I have a decent farming background and still managed to mess up because of over loving and wanting so much for it to just happen now lol. And because they are fickle lil bitches especially autos due to their shorter grow cycles.

Once I learned to kick back be patient and let the plant “talk” to me is when things took off. Kept it real simple at first got some alright buds but it was a successful grow and gave me the encouragement I needed.

Anything you grow yourself, especially your first will be the dopest dope you ever smoked :yum:

Slow steady and gentle :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Ide like to tag along

1 Like

Thanks. That makes me feel better. I think I check in on them 10 times a day!

1 Like

Everyone I mean EVERYONE has the Elvira moment. I wanna hug them and love them and squeeeeeze them and all that love we give kills them.

1 Like

For coco you want to be at 5.8, that’s the sweet spot.

2 Likes

I have a live feed camera…so yeah, I win :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t have anything fancy. But if I get better at growing I’m sure I’ll upgrade my set up.

The camera is just a cheapy from Walmart. I mainly bought it to make sure my lights were on the right cycle

2 Likes

@Hellraiser has been steering you in the right direction. I am sorry not to be here to much. Till they fix this site. It gets hard ro deal with. I can only post a few times before it drags me to the main page and leaves me there. I have to shut every thing down and come back to do more. I will get the video made for you in a couple hours. I am making notes of your concerns. And will use that as a guide to try and explain how I do things from start to a plant. Your plant is over watered. I went through the same on my fruit punch auto in my tent. The good is. Even though it took me a few weeks to figure out the deal. She is doinG ok. Not great. but still should squeeze 3 or 4 oz from her. She should have ran 8 - 12 though. I will make sure to get the video done early though. maybe it will put your mind at ease a little. Coco can be a pain to start little ones some times. But it is very forgiving. You mess up with an auto in soil and you pay for it. In coco. You veg longer. So you get a little more room for errors.
I will try and have the vid done my 3pm eastern time. I can add it here or on my journal. Which ever you like.

2 Likes

Here is a video basically explaining what I do. I hope It will post for me

1 Like

@Not2SureYet you have no idea how much this helps! And don’t worry about how quick you respond. You have already been a tremendous help. :slightly_smiling_face: I have taken off the cups, shut off the humidifier, and on day 2 of drying them out.

1 Like

Well they are looking worse today. Once again the photos don’t show how washed out they look. They are definitely not this bright green in person. They now are getting brown spots on them :disappointed:. I’m mixing up some nutes right now. I’m hoping they are just needing some since they haven’t had any yet. On a good note I do feel like I see some growth on them. I’m just hoping the browning is due to needing cal mag.

1 Like

If you put your finger in the soil a little bit. Does it feel moist or pretty dry. And it will take a little time to get straightened out. Looking at the yellow cotes. I would try feeding just a touch. Using 2 cups of water and the 2 drops of cal mag, and 2 drops of micro, grow and bloom should put you in the 180 - 200ppm range. Then ph to a 5.8 - 6.0
Water giving about 15ml in a circle like I showed. About 2 to 3 inch from the base of the plant. In a 2 more days. I would water with 1 cup about 6" from the plant in a circle. If you even need a visual. Just yell and I will get a quick video up for you

The pictures make it look like it is pretty dry

1 Like

Actually it feels damp. So I did just go with 15ml around a cup like your video shows. The ph and ppm is in those ranges.

1 Like

Cool. In a day or 2. You will feel the difference. it is still dark. but fluffy and light feeling. I found I am better under watering a touch as to over watering. Once you start to see it growing. it will keep on from there.

1 Like

Just came home from work and about to feed them. But 2 of them look so awful!! :cry: They definitely feel crispy. Can they recover from looking like this? This has definitely taught me about over watering and feeding too late in coco. I hope I’m not posting too much.

1 Like

Ouch. Still green but the next few day will tell you the answer. Atleast it is super young.

2 Likes

It looks like your coco is super dry. I would water it again. But not to close still. And add some cal mag like above. Maybe another cup about 4" around her

1 Like

@Not2SureYet it is still damp underneath that layer of dried out coco. But I did give them a little more water and nutes. One does have a stem that is smaller in the middle, brown, and hard. It is the best looking plant right now, other than the stem. But from reading maybe it’s dampening off. This may be a dumb question. But from what I read that is fungus related. Would I be able to use the same coco for the next grow if that happened?

1 Like

Welp, all the leaves have started falling off. So I’m just starting over again. I hope this time goes better. Fingers crossed! Do I start a new grow journal for this strain?

2 Likes