2nd Run of ILGM Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Photoperiod

Between everyone’s stories and the easter gifs… I’m rolling over here! Lime has got me straight tripping… he’s running an nfl training camp down there. I love the “you ain’t gonna have the time, energy or oxygen to get into no trouble” approach. It’s a damn good thing I stayed away from lifting weights or I’d be like 5’3". Now I can’t get Scooby looking for that Scooby Snack strain and Sis watching the Cosby show with the ether bunny outta my head. :wink::rofl::rofl::rofl::sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

@Negrita007 yep a parent isn’t supposed mother and father
How can I teach my girls to be women when I’ve never been one day in my life​:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Now that I’m grown I realized for a lot of my childhood friends from single mothers gravitated to my father , brothers and cousins for that older male figures

With my father that sht use to piss me off he was the cool uncle with my cousins and friends but with us he was on us
I get it totally now

Bye the time he became a grandpa we where looking at my dad like who tf is this nice guy letting the grandchildren do whatever

2 mins later I was looking at my brother getting on his son
like he had turned into our dad
Leave that boy alone and let him play and get messy he’s 3 that’s what they do

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::balloon::heart::heart::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

4 Likes

DITTO! Flipper Died! sprouts is looking a little brown on the edges so I covered her again with a humidity dome. Mary Wells is Browning too.

Everyone else is doing well! I hope it’s not the lights. I have them up pretty much 12-18” about

4 Likes

Don’t know much about actual grow lights
But can you raise it
Or adjust the intensity down

Just food for thought
sorry for your lose on the seedlings

4 Likes

@Mr.Mr.Limelight Thanks Outdoor Cowboy lol :joy: y’all got the sun so y’all ain’t got the indoor blues :rofl::rofl::joy:

The intensity is at its lowest and the lights are up there in height . Just measured and it’s 26” above the plants.

4 Likes

Sis… girl… I don’t even understand how the 3rd picture is even possible. There are green single cotyledons at the bottom… the two completely fried ones in the middle… then two more fresh green ones on top. WTF??? :exploding_head::rofl::sunglasses::metal:t2:
I’m not sure but I would take the plastic bottles off as I fear they may be causing light burn. You haven’t snuck the kids any nute snacks have you? :face_with_monocle::thinking::joy::sunglasses:
The rest of the bunch seem to be looking good! :sunglasses::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Just pondering… were all the plants started in rapid rooters? They are all in the same soil? Have you pH tested that soil? That soil has a really low npk rating right?
Sorry for all the questions but I’m extremely intrigued by the burnt middle.
Also realized you put the domes on after the browning started so probably not an issue. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wish I could help too. I never put my seedlings under my big girl grow light. I have a single grow bulb or my 4-bulb T5…

BUt… if it were the light, I would think that the top leaves would be dying first before the ones under them.

IMHO, when you start a seedlings in a big pot, it’s too easy to over-water. At this stage, they are still building roots. but if those little roots get too wet, that’s what they end up looking like. I always start mine off in solo cups or the extra small nursery bags.

Young plants won’t be growing very fast yet, so they also won’t be using much water. When you completely saturate a big container that slow speed means that the plant won’t be able to drink all the water. Since so much of the water is contained in the middle without access to air, it won’t be able to dry out by evaporation. This means you’re left with a huge container full of wet potting mix.

The young cannabis plant roots will quickly use up all the available oxygen that’s been dissolved in the water, and then the roots will sit in water until the water slowly evaporates on its own…

6 Likes

Thank you for the heads up Caligurl. As always your explanations, growth and diagnosis experience are a true resource gift to us. That all made perfect sense.
:pray:t2::bowing_man::sunglasses:

@Negrita007 just because I said I’m keeping my grow simple this season does not mean I won’t jump down a rabbit hole with you. :wink::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: that’s what I’m talking about bro!!! That’s why I love you bro!

IMG_6773

I literally not watering them again until Sunday or Monday!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: naaah! Too scurred to kill ‘em lol :joy: I’ll wait till the end of April to start stuffing them with food! Lol :joy: I wanna Mauritanian diet these beeches and make ‘em fat!

4 Likes

Some were started in rapid rooters and then some I had to use soil as homemade rapid rooters in the humidity dome. Mary Wells has a make shift dome. I think it’s what @Caligurl said, it’s over watering that’s caused it. It’s so weird how those leaves are the burnt ones :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I swear ILGM should be paying you! You’re the cannabis queen! So knowledgeable!!! Thank you so much grow sis! All of that makes sense! I enjoy learning!!! So I will most definitely scale back on watering them! That’s probably what it is. Gonna scale back for sure!

5 Likes

LOL… you may need to water before then. Just use about 3-5 Tablespoons of water right along the drip line. I usually take a pen or pencil and make a little mote around the seedling at drip line… this way the water goes right where you want it (or you could take a shot glass and carefully put in over the seedling and press down

Like this… but you can tell where the mote wasn’t deep enough to hold the water, but it’s ok as long as most of it spills out away from the stem. I use peat pods to start mine but I take the netting off when I transplant… but it kinda makes it easy to make a mote right around the pd.

6 Likes

I agree. I had not seen that before and it made perfect sense. You’re on it now sis!
:grin::+1:t2:

3 Likes

I like this method!!! This is easier for me! I’ll give them water tomorrow lol :joy: thanks sis

4 Likes

I’m so glad I have this forum! Sheeesh! It’s a matter of life and death lol :joy:

4 Likes

Me too. Without this life… I may cause someone’s death. :wink::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

I should probably put a dunce cap on for not PH BALANCING MY 7.6ph tap water when watering my seedlings! Lol :joy:

That’s the only thing I can think of besides over watering.

So…SPROUTS DIED!

We have 6 Beeches Left.

Gonna PH water tomorrow and make it 6.6ph. Once I feed them nutes I MIGHT not have to ph. I have gypsum to make a tea and water for calcium. Mosquito Bits will be here soon.

5 Likes