1st grow of 2024, with Grow Dots

What rate did you apply the grow dots?
I just checked my notes, I went 10 tbsp to the 5 gallons with the sour d and gsc.
The other two I have going both got a heavy dose of grow dots. We will see if they do anything different.
I’ve been wanting to try jacks, just haven’t pulled the trigger. Maybe in the next round I’ll get on board.

1 Like

I put the whole pack in this time (

I think it’s 75g )and the medium dose last time on the auto. JACK’S on the left grow right dots. The Jack’s just seems to be thiving more but the grow dots has more trichoms which is probably just the pheno of the plant.

4 Likes

Nice looking plants you got there for sure!

3 Likes

Thanks. This is my second indoor grow. When catipillers and bud rot got me last fall I decided I’m done with outdoor grows.

3 Likes

You will get a nice harvest from them!

1 Like

Hello and happy Friday folks!
Getting everything settled in the new tent now and things dialed in. Maybe not, but getting there.
The dehumidifier is working nicely it seems.
Plants got watered, need to be watered again tomorrow.
I was thinking of giving each a little dose of F ox Farms ChaChing I have, but Ive never used it before. Not sure if it’s needed and/or if it is too late to add anyways.
GSC

Sour D

Here are the new additions to the tent.
Bruce Banner auto from ILGM- 6 weeks from seed

Gorilla Glue auto from ILGM- 4ish weeks from seed

2 Likes

Here are some trichome pictures from the sour diesel plant.

2 Likes

Coming along! A few clear, though being a sativa/daytime strain, maybe you might not want too much/or any amber?
Are you shooting for cloudy? If so, maybe a week-ish?
Maybe snip off a small piece of bud to sample when you think she might be done to your liking?

10 tbsp or 10 tsp? :grin:
Still, 10 tsp is on the heavy side, and could more easily cause more browning/tip nute burn, especially later in flower.

Every plant is a bit different, but overall I’ve had better results using the medium rate application. (fortified soil)

1 Like

I was thinking the same on the time frame and for the same reasons. I’m hoping it doesn’t go much longer at least. The GSC is going to go a few more weeks for sure.

I put in 10 tsp for a 5 gallon pot. 2 per gallon vs the heavy rate of 3 per gallon.
The gsc I’ve grown in the past weee heavy feeders, this one doesn’t seem to be. Like you said, every plant is different.

Once I chop the SOur D I’m goi g to start a banana daddy followed by a lilac diesel from Ethos. Really excited about those. Will be my first non ILGM autos.

1 Like

Monday, Day 96 for these two. I’m thinking the sour d is getting close to harvest. I’ll probably be harvesting it in the next few days. At least, that is my guess.
What do you guys think on the timeframe with these pictures?

3 Likes

Looking pretty cloudy. If it were me, I’d dry a small piece in the toaster oven on very low (220-240F) for about 20 minutes, just enough to get it dry, or dry it overnight, and give her test drive. :yum:

3 Likes

Im liking your thinking. I’ll let you know how it goes :slight_smile:
Now I just need the GsC to finish up as well.

2 Likes

Well I pulled the trigger and chopped the sour diesel down tonight.

Trichomes were looking right.
I normally hang the whole plant, but I wanted to open up and spread out the middle of the plant a bit.

4 Likes

Congrats on the chop! :partying_face:

1 Like

Taste test?

2 Likes

Thank you!

No I didn’t end up doing a taste test. Just went with my gut and gave her the chop.

Looking forward to tasting the final product.

1 Like

Things are looking good and going good so far. Wish I could get my temps down a a few degrees in the dry tent, but is what it is.
Picked myself up a moisture meter and some grove bags for this grow. I have more mason jars than I know what to do with, but figure these bags are all the rage these days…had to give them a go.
Happy Monday folks!

2 Likes

I was going to start a new journal for my perpetual tent, but I just thought I’d share what the Bruce banner is doing. She is getting big and frosty! The Gorilla Glue is starting to flower as well. Fingers crossed my banana daddy pops through the soil in the next day or two. It’ll be the first seed I pop in this tent with this setup. I’m hoping for isn’t too much light for a seed.

3 Likes

Looking great!

If you do the DLI thing, then follow those guidelines for seedlings, if that works for your setup. (I don’t do that, as my "smart"phone doesn’t have an ambient light sensor.) Otherwise, when the seedling comes up, see if you could put it in a corner or something under less-direct light.

1 Like

It popped through the soil and lost its helmet today and I do have it pushed in the corner for the most part.

3 Likes