1st grow, "KISS" method down the drain

Look up general hydroponics ph control kit. It can be used for soil and hydro. You just ph up or down the water and water the soil plants with it to raise or lower your ph. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Pet smart has them just bought some myself

1 Like

I use the gh products like @Hawkeye_diesel posted!

1 Like

Day 67. Supercrop then

SHBOOOOOOOM!

Katniss

Elizabeth

Audre hasn’t stretched as much, and is generally less unruly than her sisters. But still shhhBOOM!

:bomb::boom::sparkler::fireworks:

5 Likes

@Hawkeye_diesel set you up nicely!

Remember, the products can be used in both mediums. The only difference is your target pH range. Nutrients need the different pH values to be absorbed properly in the two different mediums.

The confusion probably stems from hearing about specific nutes for hydro. That’s only because of clogging issues with the organics in a pump and filtration system.

:wink: In soil, we don’t have that problem…

2 Likes

5 gallon trio didn’t need water, but there’s definitely a nutrient deficiency situation.

So I gave them each just about a pint of water with a teaspoon of Big Bloom.

The nursery is moving to the sunroom on Thursday, which will be sunny and warm

Waiting for delivery of pH up stuff for the flowering plants. Not until tomorrow. :confused: I’m impatient. But the plants move on a different time scale. A day won’t matter much to them.

4 Likes

69 days from sprout; 42 days since switching to 12/12.

Scoobies are a little droopy, but my pH up stuff will arrive today, so maybe that will help. In the meantime, I’m excited to see the beginnings of a frosty shimmer at the flowering sites!

6 Likes

Fed the scoobies again – full strength tiger bloom pHed up to 7. Runoff 7!

I know you all recommend GH pH up, but I thought there must be something that takes advantage of soil… So I got Nectar for the Gods Olympus Up, which says the calcium stays in the soil and regulates pH between feedings. Less fiddling, more consistent. So I figured I’d try it. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Buffy’s pot is annoying. I water slowly, slowly, slowly… No runoff. Then all at once woooosh! Six ounces of runoff. Ugh.

Anyway, hopefully the proper pH will perk up the poor Leaves.

Buffy and her stupid pot

Willow and her droopy leaves

Slightly droopy, Underdeveloped Dawn

7 Likes

Keep us posted on how that works out for ya! The kids look great!

Day 70.

Moved the nursery to the sunroom. Still under the T5 for extended light. Not gonna be a lot of sun for a few days, so they’ll probably stretch a little this week, but that’s fine. They’re bushy enough to tolerate some more stretch.

Hubby’s happy to have the spare bedroom free again. I’m happy to have the plants on a table so I can reach them more comfortably.

Also, SOP: Thursday is neem day.

4 Likes

@lia following Olympus Up

My new setup with the sun behind the clouds and all the gear stowed:

3 Likes

This morning, only Buffy’s pH was under 6.5. She got by far the most water last night, and had the most runoff. I don’t see any changes yet, but pH is back in a good range. We’ll see how it goes!

Harvest target dates: June 7 for Buffy and Willow. June 14 for Dawn.

4 Likes

I use Advanced Nutrients full line, we are in Big Bud zone right now, headed for Nirvana in a week or so :yum:- using DI and thier line, I’m usually between 6.3-6.6 on my mixes, no need to adjust unless I’m flushing, which is nice

I got a free full line of Roots Organics, a free full line of Gen Hydro (including Floralicious) and a big bottle of Sour-Dee as free Schwag from NECANN, all full sized (250 ml) bottles too…I may be set for a year on nutes! But still interested to hear how your plants do on your stuff

2 Likes

@Sl1,i’m using advanced sensi coco,hobby tribe and i am really liking it so far… i’m still in veg now

2 Likes

Just realized I can lower my LEDs, get a little more intensity out of them. So I did. Programmed a few breaks into the light schedule while the scoobies acclimate.

The light is now at the closest distance recommended by the manufacturer: 24 inches from the tallest branch.

I’ve had a seriously annoying and stressful day. It really is pleasant to tinker with my marijuana plants.
:vulcan_salute::v::sunflower::seedling::herb::leaves:

3 Likes

Aaaaand the table in the sunroom is too high to get the direct sunlight. Gotta keep the girls on the floor. Gonna keep and eye on where the light comes in all day and how it moves, but for now:

Tonight I’ll just put them back on the table for their extra fluorescent light hours. Tomorrow I’ll hang the light wherever it looks like they’ll get the best sun.

7 Likes

solid plan I’d say @Lia they look great! Very nice work!

1 Like

They’re not the only ones chasing the sun.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the girls in Marijuana Jr High are loving the proper pH and increased light intensity. Budlets are on their way to full fledge buds! White hairs showing some brown, like people hair in reverse.

FTR, day 71. 43 days in 12/12.

9 Likes