Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

All good and glad you doing well. I’m usually around and all most days. Usually my set of problems are too much nitrogen or not enough calmag hahah been a different medium entirely. Got that pretty much down pact.

You learn’t a bunch now you’ll learn more when you finish and your next grow going to be half the work before you know it you’ll be on auto pilot especially when you grow similar strains or even just the same strain.

I’m glad you okay and you ain’t no quitter! Even though I do like them hehe since I get stuff for 1/3 or even 1/4 of the price of new and most only been run through a grow or two.

4 Likes

Good morning everyone!

I hope that life is treating you well :slight_smile: I have been pretty absent on these here forums since our return from overseas, mostly due to that nasty bug I picked up. Wow…if you Ozzies are as tough as your cold/flu bugs, the world better watch out for you guys! Then of course hubby got it and he was on his death bed. I was still recovering from my bout and had to nurse him as well. Ah such is the way in a woman’s life. ANYWAY…

The sickness has left our house and on to some other poor unsuspecting soul. Sorry…to whom ever it has infected.

So life goes on. Most of you probably remember that miserable experience we had with Canada and hubby getting an ETA to enter their country - for our flights to Sydney?? What a jacked up load of monkey poo. As of Monday this week we had still not heard anything. We still have the flight credit with Air Canada and have a year to use it. So, hubby sent in ANOTHER enquiry (not that this one would be answered either; like the other 10 he has sent in) and the next day he was contacted and told that his paperwork had been forwarded to the Sydney office!? WTF??? This was turning into the epitome of a dog and pony show. I thought that nothing could be worse than the bureaucratic red tape that the US gov’t puts us through for so many things, but come on…forwarding the paperwork to Sydney Australia for an ETA for Canada???

By this point hubby was fed up with the whole sh*t storm and emailed off a response to Canada that basically told them that their heads had to be so firmly imbedded into their A** that it is a wonder that ANYTHING gets done in that country.
Well, guess what, the night he sent that we got a verification email that he had been approved and would now receive the golden ticket into the Emerald City. SHEESH. Sorry Canadians, but this left a VERY bad taste in our mouths. I am sure that you are all very wonderful people, but don’t ever tell me your Country is way better than the USA. Its all the same. Big gov’t is big gov’t. :crazy_face:

So we are off to Australia again at the end of March. I am so fed up with Canada I might just leave the airport on one of our layovers and poop on their gov’t steps. :poop:

ANYWAY…so the girls are doing fairly well.

I was a bad girl last night. I am sorry, I just couldn’t help myself. I took a small popcorn bud from my Northern Lights (she is huge and won’t miss it I am sure). Son said I was crazy that it would not give me much of a high, but “hey mom, save me some if you can”. lol. So I trimmed her up (tiny little thing) and put her in the oven at the lowest setting for about 45 minutes. After I turned off the oven I let her sit for another 45 minutes in a warm oven. I took her out and she was still greenish, but brittle and dried. I put her in the grinder and had enough for probably 2 vape sessions, which for me equals 2 evenings.

OMG. With the first hit I knew this was something special. Smooth vape, good taste, not skunky at all. and then it HIT. The ONLY think I remember last night was the feeling of “oh my holy GOD, this is going to be good” and a moment where I was standing over my sleeping husband flapping (literally grabbed my cheeks with my fingers) lips at my husband…I don’t know what that was all about. Thank god he didn’t wake up, but my dogs were eyeing me suspiciously.

That little bud at 4 weeks into flower is so much more superior to the crap I have been using that we got off the street!!!

I also slept like a baby last night.

I tell you what, it is going to be a LONG couple of weeks before we actually harvest.

So anyway, stop in a say hey, I miss you all. I got a new microscopy thing for my phone so I am hoping to use it tonight and get some good pictures of the trichs. If I do I will post them. The colas on many of the girls are getting huge!

Have a good day! @SmoknGranny @FreakyDeekie @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @Sirsmokes @Myfriendis410

10 Likes

Woohoo! Way to go Rodri! Nothing like smoking your own meds. I’m digging on my last two plants myself haha!

3 Likes

Have you harvested @Myfriendis410 or are you doing the whole naughty taking-buds-before-you-harvest thing like me ?

1 Like

Tag me when you post new pictures I probably won’t see them till tomorrow when I head to work but I want to see them hahaha

2 Likes

You got it @Countryboyjvd1971 :camera_flash:

1 Like

Just got in from shopping day and will catch up with you later :blush:. Glad you’re slowly but surely recovering. More later as I need to ice my back and get the brats :poodle::dog::dog2: back inside and finish putting away supplies.

2 Likes

Hey @rodri59 glad you all are well now

2 Likes

I’ll tag you in on my journal. I harvested my Gold Leaf and got just over 8 oz. and the Sour Diesel I SCROG’ED yielded 12 oz!

2 Likes

Lookie lookie, here comes cookie!

Northern Lights 5 weeks flower

Super Silver Haze
5 weeks flower SSH

Northern Lights an amber trich!
5weeks flower NL amber trich

And another cpl of amber trichs!5weeks flower NL cpl ambers

@Myfriendis410 consider yourself tagged

8 Likes

Very nice :+1:. I’m on my way to bed. Catch up with all tomorrow. Shopping day does me in especially with damp cool weather. Time for a bowl​:blush:

3 Likes

@rodri59 excellent shot of the trichomes. What did you use? I haven’t snuck a popcorn bud in awhile, but the few that I did was worth it. I struggled through a mild migraine today and while harvesting. If it shows up worse tomorrow I know I have medication in the tent drying. (Which I’m sure it will) I tagged you on the weight. If you’ve been following along in my grow I’m seriously considering spending some serious money on more lights. I’m just hoping Miss Covertgrower will approve in the end… I mentioned it, and never got a no, but I want to hear a yes. I had some LED’s go out in my grow light, emailed the company, and at first they were going to send replacement LED’s, but after a third LED took a crap I asked for a new fixture. They said yes, and I have a tracking number. I’ll bet that it’ll be here Wednesday, just in time to finish the grow off! Hope all is well with you, and glad to hear you’re getting better. Totally would share more than a popcorn bud off of my OG Kush if I could.

1 Like

I ordered a super stupid microscop-y thingy for what I thought would work on my phone. Sadly the port is too big, BUT it does work on the lappy-toppy, so yay for that.

Once you get it up and running, it takes some pretty amazing pictures with little fuss and it is easy to keep still since it has a base it sits on.

Link for @Covertgrower :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WD843ZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

@rodri59 thanks, out of likes, it looks like works well.

1 Like

You can get a little adapter for your charging cord that will mate it to that.

1 Like

Since you named her here’s Lit’l Bary and I mean LITTLE!

She’s still alive and put out new leaves. I’m just not sure what to do with her :rofl:

1 Like

Good morning growers.

Just a short post today. Plants are still percolating along. The nitrogen issue has been remedied and we have dropped the nutes down to ever other feeding. We were doing it for every watering, but no more. Leaf drop has dropped down to a more acceptable level and cola’s are thickening up nicely. We have a few dark hairs, but nothing that would indicate they are anywhere near ready for harvesting. Of course, me being the nosey buggar that I am, I have been checking trichomes now and then just to be sure. A very few amber colors, but mostly milkey and some still clear; for the grow room. Grow box is a different story…

Grow box is where we are scrogging 3 plants and these are the plants that were showing the N deficiency. N deficiency also has the affect of halting growing and development of the flowers (at least I think I read that some where) and these 3 plants seem to bare that out. I would say they are about 2 weeks behind the other 4 (which did not suffer the deficiency) very few brown pistils and mostly clear trichomes. So patience is the theme now. They do seem to be drinking water like crazy now.

Strawberry Kush in the cabinet:
5 weeks flower Straw Kush cab

Now to the weather. We had a miserable week weather wise, mostly overcast and HUMIDITY was outrageous! Today I woke up to low humidity and cold!! I guess we don’t get a fall this year lol.

Have a great day everyone :slight_smile: :sunflower:

5 Likes

Awww send her to me! Other that that, just see what happens with her, although with winter coming you would have to bring her inside and not sure you can do that with hubby… :secret:

Poor gal, she is a trooper though, you gotta give her that :slight_smile: !

2 Likes

OH! Almost forgot to mention…looks like in a couple of weeks I will be making a cross country trip to pick up my daughter and her boy toy. They have a few larger pieces of furnature (not a lot just like a dresser and chair) so I am going to drive the truck to get them! Almost East coast to nearly West coast. Should be interesting…

Anyone wanna say hi along the way??!! lol.

3 Likes

I already have her in the east window inside :blush:. I don’t think hubby will notice her. I’m thinking just to leave her there and see what happens. If you were closer I would give her to you!

2 Likes