Legal in MA, Soil in 4x4 Tent, CLW SS550, White Widow - Purple Haze - Bubblegum - Gold Leaf

Looks good man! My worst plant starting off (last one to sprout and came out all weird looking and stunted) is now one of my best plants :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Matthew420, I was ready to write off that little GL2 but it seems like she’s gonna try to catch back up! go baby go!

1 Like

Yeah, you just never know. I think when they start off messed up it makes them stronger in the end since they had to “fight” a little early on. Maybe not, who knows.

They look healthy. Good light, feeding schedule and ph water and you should be truckin. :metal:

They are very resilient the best advice I can give you is being very patient put the scissors down I have completely butchered my first indoor after that I didn’t touch it and they turned out perfect !!! I’ve noticed the last time mess with them the better they do this is the super skunk that I butchered two of them from this to thisUploading… Uploading… Uploading… Uploading…

1 Like

Something happened with my photos I’ll get them up at some point just be patient pH them watch over them and they will treat you right

You need to stop watering with softened water … it will kill your plants… if your going to use well water then get it before the water softner… and make sure to check your ppm before you use it…

:+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@peachfuzz good looking out. could you elaborate a it about why soft water is bad? I’ve read a little about it but I’m not sure there’s a definitive answer. I would love to hear your thoughts. is the concern that the salinity will be too high because of the process in the softener? I’m trying to keep the source of water as close to the tent as possible. I’ve got a ppm meter and a hydrometer ordered so that I can get a better idea of what’s going on. If it looks too salty I’ll have to figure something else out I guess. thanks again for the heads up.

1 Like

Water that comes out of a water softener tends to have a high salt content that will build up in soil or whatever medium your using
And will require flushing more often which can stress your plants

1 Like

There is a special salt you can buy which I believe is in a blue bag , although it’s a lot more expensive and I believe it won’t hurt your plants , but you would have to do a little investigation just to make sure , I just know that when I do plumbing on a house I cannot run the soft water system into the sprinkler system or else it will kill the lawn and any plants that are growing , that’s why I suggested not to use the softener…

:+1::sunglasses:

Good point on killing plants should have i mentioned that too @peachfuzz

No worries my friend we are all here to help each other out…:wink:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

1/26

Here’s a look.

So far the water seems to be ok.

I tested the PPM and it read at 270 PPM.
the salinity read at < .0001. I’m hoping this is cool. it seems very minimal to me. If anybody has thoughts on this I’d love to hear. @peachfuzz @Countryboyjvd1971 ??

1 Like

I can’t add anything about the salt but your plants look good. This is what, day 25 or so? Helpful if you include all the vitals in your post so we don’t have to scroll all over.

They look good and happy!!!

The salt won’t show a problem until it builds up in soil for a while bro just a heads up
I won’t worry about ppm my well water is 500 after filters my girl like it lots of minerals :blush:

Ok so here’s a look at the work did after that last shot on 1/26.
They are all at about day 31 here, but there was close to a week of progress lost due to the PH lockout from changing water sources. That seems to be cleared up and they are thriving well now as far as I can tell.

I’ve got a few new things I’m setting up.

First up, I went for some LST on most of the plants. There were 2 that didn’t top/fimm properly (i tried to top all the plants but perhaps accidentally fimmed 2 of them and the didn’t seems to take to it) so I gave one some LST(Low Stress Training) and the other I attempted to top again(re-top). Here’s some before and after shots.

White Widow 1

WhiteWidow1 pre LST

WhiteWidow1 after LST. This is what I was going for with all the plants, early topping and then 4-way LST.

WhiteWidow1 after a few hours of recovery.

White Widow 2

WhiteWidow2 Pre LST

WhiteWidow2 after LST and re topping. this is one that didn’t properly top the first time, so I tried again.

WhiteWidow2 after a few hours recovery

Gold Leaf 1

Gold Leaf 1 Pre LST

Gold Leaf 1 after LST

Gold Leaf 1 after recovery

Gold Leaf 2

Gold Leaf 2 Pre LST, this is the little one that was stunted a while back.

Gold Leaf 2 after LST

Gold Leaf 2 after recovery,

BubbleGum 1

BubbleGum 1 Pre LST side view

BubbleGum 1 Pre LST

BubbleGum1 after LST

BubbleGum1 after recovery

BubbleGum 2

BubbleGum2 Pre LST, this one also did not top properly.

BubbleGum2 after LST, did not re-top this one, instead I LST’d it over to see what happens.

BubbleGum2 after a few hours of recovery

Purple Haze 1

Purple Haze 1 pre LST

Purple Haze 1 after LST, another good example of 4-way LST

Purple Haze 1 after a bit of recovery

Purple Haze 2

Purple Haze 2 pre LST

Purple Haze 2 after LST

Purple Haze 2 a few hours later

Here’s a group shot after they recovered a bit.

Next up. Back row watering solution.

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 do you think that small amount will build up to be a problem? Should I figure out a different water source?

1 Like

I would or if you can just take it before water softener bro yes overtime it will build up and cause problems you don’t want or need bro
Some here use rain water I’m going to start collecting it when it warms up myself
@Matthew420 posted a bunch of stuff on rain water maybe he can jump in on that if it helps you

Your girls look good :blush: and healthy

I’ve been aiming/hoping to do a SCROG for this grow but I’m still not sure if I’ll go for it.
But in case I do, and to make things easier in general in a 4x4 tent that does not have side/back doors(never again, always get a tent with side doors), I started working on a watering system.

Here’s a look at the system overall.

Here’s a look at the delivery system. I drilled small holes at different angles and spacing around the underside of the tubing seen here. so the water flows out evenly around the pot. and I elevated the tubing a bit off the soil surface using the gardening staples that i got for the LST work.

and a detail of the DIY funnel system that I set up.

seems to work well so far.

@radamsonilgm

7 Likes